Saturday, May 28, 2011

Interesting Saturday!


What an interesting walk today. Not only was there the solved mystery of the chain-link compound to blog about, but also the big tree down across the trail.  Then I ran into an older lady I see here often (she's a professional dog walker), and in chatting with her about the woods and the stuff going on I mentioned the little ruined building about 1 1/2 miles along the upper trail. And it turns out that back in the '30s and '40s there was camping in these woods, and that was a latrine/wash-house. This also explains all the brick and stone tables that are dotted at random in the woods up there. I had already passed the building when we spoke, but tomorrow I shall have to have a closer look!

Warm, 78.7F

Friends
Joe Satriani
The Electric...

No comments:

Post a Comment